Thursday, November 09, 2006

Someone To Face The Day With, Make It Through All The Rest With, Someone I’ll Always Laugh With, Even At My Worst I’m At my Best With You

I’ll Be There For You, The Rembrandts

Another day of invigilating and cleaning, ooo the joy of work. I have also continued the tidying of my bedroom, the posting of the letters and attempting to shorten my jobs list. Not getting very far but some of them will vanish rapidly when I can get into UCAS. As my account is last years I can’t get in to do anything. Methinks they need a poking via the phone.

Whilst invigilating I thought of/noticed several interesting, (or not so interesting) things and thought I’d share them with you;

1. There are 18 lights in the hall
2. The hall seats 119 people on 9 rows or 13 desks. We had 118 pupils as one didn’t show up, (she and 2 others didn’t show up last time, and the 2 that did today needn’t have bothered, they still have to resit both papers.)
3. The girls wear the silliest shoes, ballerina pumps may be cute but in winter, with the weather round here??? Madness.
4. There are things you shouldn’t think about while working; one is you boff, and another is something funny someone said, both result in a silly grin on your face that makes you look crazy.
5. You can try and plan you Avon order but it’s kinda hard without a photographic memory of the whole brochure.
6. The first hour is the slowest, the second 55mins the fastest and the last 5 crawl by.
7. You can’t write a letter either if you haven’t anything to write it on.

There may have been other things but that’s all I recall at the moment.

I had Lancaster Uni sold shamelessly to me by Mr Mercer. He was pushing for me to do a really good degree, and told be how easily I’d be snapped up post-degree because “you’re sharp and so easy to work with because your so pleasant”. I’ve never had a teacher be so lovely and complimentary to me before. Bless him. Mrs Platt was very upset to hear I’d had such a rough time in Bath, she watched us stand outside our cupboard giggling and excited over uni so that’s understandable. I’m amazed by how many of the teachers there care so much about me and my wellbeing, it’s so touching. Says it all for the school, if you give the place your all it gives so much back.

Also heard from my lovely Dom, Hotmail ate the contents of yesterdays email but I got an apologetic one today. He’s hoping to call me this weekend. That would be so lovely, I can’t wait to hear his voice, and I miss it so much.

Love and Huggles, Claire

Ps. Get well soon Skye, you poor scary mutt.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

Since I work in retail I get hounded by customers. Sometimes I'll just get bitched out for the most random stuff. It can take so much energy out of you that you dont have the energy to change the burnt out light bulbs let alone count them. Every second I get free I tend to open up Microsoft work and type a sketch or start a screenplay. The sketches usually get finished. The screenplays on the other hand, sit in limbo forever.