Friday, November 17, 2006

So I Must Leave, I’ll Have To Go, To Las Vegas Or Monaco. I’ll Win A Fortune In A Game, My Life Will Never Be The Same

Money, Money, Money, ABBA

Well I’ve had a really funny day. I met Liz and Jess this morning and we ended up shopping in Bury. I managed to get a few more Christmas presents. We spent ages looking for a place to eat, “Submarine” was crammed, and Burger King has vanished. We ended up at our safety net of MacDonalds. Does any one know what the toys in the Happy Meals are supposed to be/do? They’re pretty funky whatever.

We had a real giggle all day but the most challenging thing was figuring out how we got out of Bury! We went round two roundabouts completely in our search. He he. Pity we didn’t make it a hatrick. Then we got stuck on Broadway for ages because of roadworks and all the parents who simply have to pick their children up from right outside the school. As in five feet from the gates. Some even wait inside the turning circle, which means the busses can’t get out! Add in the driver who convince themselves they can get their car through the gap before the lights change even though they know they can’t and end up blocking everything. We had to sit there through a full traffic light cyle before we could get through. Yeeshk.

Anyways Jess has her cleaning job back, which is brilliant. She needs the money to pay for her lovely new shiny Ford KAAAAAA *giggles.

Cleaning was interesting, I got a call at half three from my mum saying Barclay’s had called me. I waited until I found Marj and Linda to see if I could call them back. The answer was “yes, why are you still stood here? Go call now now!!!” Aren’t my bosses lovely? Apparently I have an interview next Wednesday at 12 o’clock at the Blackburn branch. So please cross your fingers, because it would be lovely if I got this job. Although with no customer service experience I may be a bit stuck.

Love and Huggles, Claire

2 comments:

Jeans Pants said...

You titles always make me smile =0)
~Justin

Anonymous said...

Other Drivers are invariably morons.
Good luck at Barclays