Monday, November 20, 2006

I Can Taste A Bit Of What I Will Find, So Much More To Life

Sweet Sixteen, Hilary Duff

I shall title today’s blogg with whatever is playing when I come to blogg, because I can’t think of anything really. I haven’t done a lot today that is worth blogging about really. I started to look properly at university prospectuses, rather than just putting them straight in the recycle bag based on their location, (sorry Durham).

It’s rather complicated, especially as I don’t quite know what kind of Biology degree I’m interested in. the original plan was to apply for broad spectrum ones, titles straight “Biology”, never mind any of this “Biomedical Genetics with Microbial and Cell Biology”. (Ok I made that one up!). Seriously it’s hard, especially when courses like “Biomedicine with Forensic Science”. There is also the slight problem I didn’t do Chemistry, and although I got an A in Biology I’m not sure how this will go down. I guess I should make some phone calls. I’m working on the basis that if at least narrow it down at each institution I can pick the courses later. A lot of them are pretty flexible so you can move between them if you change your mind.

I think I’ getting somewhere though. I re-ordered a prospectus from Liverpool because I don’t recall ever getting one. Ben says it’s a great uni, and nice and close so we’ll see what crops up.

Love, and Huggles, Claire

2 comments:

Jeans Pants said...

Don't worry about not knowing what to major in. sometimes it takes a year maybe 3. If you have an idea of what you want to study take the firs tyear and take care of the courses that either you have to take like math etc and take some courses that are kind of general to your major. Even if you pick a major i still say take general courses the first year. It's just a thought =0)

Anonymous said...

You dont want to do biology! Dont you have to cut up frogs and stuff?