Tuesday, December 05, 2006

All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun, And I Got The Feeling I’m Not The Only One

All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow

So my first Chemistry lesson. Well I sat there for the first period wondering what I’d let myself I for, it al went completely over my head. However things picked up in the second period, with a different teacher and a different part of the syllabus. I understood it. It was nice and straightforward, my kind of Chemistry as well. I have a lot to catch up on but one teacher has all her notes and stuff on sheets so she’s easy. The other two teachers I don’t know about, it will be a lot of textbook work for me I think.
Then I met Jess and we had a brew and a lovely chat and fixed everything. Love you Jess!!!!! She got her mistletoe kiss too.

Naturally just when things were going right my life did a PMT moment. I’ve been told for legal reasons I need to be enrolled to do more than one AS course. Right, I wonder what the hell I can do that a) isn’t a ton of work b) I will enjoy and c) means I won’t have to do AS Critical Thinking again. The answer seemed obvious, I could do an AS in Art. Problem solved methinks.

Of course that would mean things were sorted and I wasn’t so stressed I’ve gone past the point of wanting to cry and now am just exhausted. So what’s the problem?

I spoke to my old Textiles teacher. The Art AS offered isn’t Art as in FINE Art, it’s Art as in APPLIED Art. Eh, you say? In an eggshell it’s basically a Foundation in Art and Design, where you cover everything from fine art to textiles to ceramics and photography and blah blah blah. Also in an eggshell, it’s not the kind of Art I want or enjoy. To make the whole omelette I don’t want to do it, mainly because I don’t like the course and also because I don’t think it would be possible to catch up the work.

Well hello again square one, you don’t half look familiar.

So tomorrow I’m gonna go tell the Art teacher sorry but your course isn’t what I want, tell the head of sixth form that stuff it, I’ll re-sit Critical Thinking, (but you can get stuffed if you think I’m coming in for the lessons having done it once), and meet my third and final Chemistry teacher.

And now I’m going to start making notes from my new textbook.

Love and Huggles, Claire

PS. Didn’t think I’d forgotten you Liz, LOVE YOU!
PPS. And I LOVE YOU Christine.

2 comments:

Jeans Pants said...

So do classes normally start in December or are these winter classes? Just curious =0)

Anonymous said...

How about Graphic Design?
And wasnt that Sheryl Crow's first single?