Monday, October 09, 2006

There's Gonna Be Danger, God I Wish I Were Back, We Should Have Been Home By Now

Home By Now/No Matter What, Meat Loaf

So last time I blogged I was very unhappy. Now I am feeling much better. I finally snapped after spending all of last Tuesday drawing and feeling thoroughly miserable. I rang my Mum during my lunch break and told her I wanted to come home. She was already upset to the point where my Dad had come home to look after her. Finally making a decision made me feel so much better and I was able to go back to my studio and draw something I felt was halfway decent.

I’ve spoken to Mrs P, who has been an absolute saint the last week, calling me and texting to see if I’m ok. I’ve spoken to both my lecturers and my course leader. The basic plan is to see how I feel in a couple of weeks, as my parents can’t come for me before the 26th anyway. That means I will have been here a month, so if I change my mind I can, and if I don’t I’ve given it a fair whack and also learnt a lot. I’m just not ready to be 250 miles/6 hours from home. Maybe one day but not now.


Knowing that I’m going home means I can actually enjoy my time here. I’ve seen ITV filming Persuasion, (wow and I have photos), been involved in a mad Top Shop 40% sale and tackled scary washing machines and tumble driers. And I’ve learnt to drink and discovered alcoholic drinks I find palatable.

Speaking of Top Shop’s sale. It was one of the funniest and scariest experiences ever. There was a fire at Bath’s store the other day and today it re-opened with all stock reduced 40%. My friend Ellie and I dashed out of the studio door as soon as our lecturer said we could go into town to research our project on Bath’s fashion shops. We got there to find massive cues and getting into the store was a mad scrum. I was careful with my shopping, only things I knew I would wear, but just negotiating round was a challenge. Then a 45 minuet wait just to pay. All in all it was an exhausting and hot experience. Not something I will forget for a while.

I can’t wait to be back home. Seriously it’s the only thing keeping me going. If I think about staying my insides twist into knots and I feel sick. No way in hell. I’m looking forward to my gap year a lot, there’s plenty I can do. Once I have my UCAS thing sorted. *cringes at the impending and daunting task. Currently I’m thinking of doing Biology, but the difficulty may be I haven’t done Chemistry, which could pose a slight problem. I feel a chat with Mrs P coming on……

I’ve heard form my darling Dom, who headed off to India last Monday. He called me several times before he went, and I was glad he did. I miss him a lot but right now I’m focusing on getting home and my life straight.

Thank you to all the people who were there for me these last few weeks, even those not in the country. Your support has meant the world and has helped, even I it seemed like it wasn’t. Thank you I will never forget it.

Love and Huggles, Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drinking? Washing machines? Enjoying yourself? You'll be changing your mind, next!