Monday, October 23, 2006

Could Taste Your Sweet Kisses, Your Arms Open Wide, This Fever For You Was Just Burning Me Up Inside

I Drove All Night, Celine Dion

Last time I blogged I said I’d blogg again, but didn’t. So what have I done?
Well I posted my letter to the Registrar on Saturday, so it’s all official. I’ve been ordering prospectuses like crazy on UCAS, this time wisely using the option to pick institutions in the North West, North East and Yorkshire and Humberside regions. Daddy said he’s prepared to drive 2 ½ hours to visit me, (five hour round trip), but even that doesn’t seem so good as Daddy said he won’t be doing that more than once a month. *whimper. Manchester Met would be ideal. Or anywhere close……If anyone points out I’ve done a complete flip-reverse here, Bath Spa to Man Met, then you’d be right. I’m unwilling to make the same mistake again. “I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am.” Britney Spears, Overprotected.

The last couple of days have been pretty tough. After a month I’ve hit the point where I miss Dom like hell, even during the exam month we spoke daily. It’s not just missing my boyfriend it’s missing one of my closest friends and one of the people who would be able to make this all go away. I know from the exam month this is a phase that passes, then I get to look forward to him coming home. Once I’m home I’ll have so much to keep me busy; UCAS, job hunting, cleaning, my art work, my scrapbooks…..and being busy will make things so much easier.
What made it harder was Sam’s parents, grandparents and sister came up on Sunday. They brought a huge food parcel for her, and watching them put it away made me miss my own family. It was like someone twisting a knife. It’s odd but now there’s only three days until I see them and go home I’m feeling worse than ever. Being hugged is possibly what I miss the most, you all know how tactile I am, I can’t deal with being starved of affection like this. *grabs White Teddy.

On a more positive note I have managed to get a zip-up jumper with “Bath Spa University” on it. I did want pink but the only one left at the other campus has a broken zip, so I’ve ended up with navy. I’m a big believer in fate so I’m not bothered, navy shows the dirt less and goes with more of my wardrobe really.
I got hold of the latest Meat Loaf single as well, “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now”. Again the big guy gets it right, it’s cracking.
As is Celine Dion’s last album, One Heart. I bought it because I love her version of “I Drove All Night”, but have only been able to download a disco version. The whole album rocks!

Love and Huggles, Claire

PS, Check it out;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=its+all+coming+back+to+me+now+meat+loaf