Friday, January 12, 2007

I’m Telling You Baby It’s Called Karma

Karma, Jessica Andrews

Here is an example of Karma for you all;

I left double Chemistry and set off to Tesco to meet my mum for dinner. Now the shortcut into Tesco means hopping over a fence and making your way down a steepish embankment. This is often slippery after wet weather, (which we’ve had lots of), and I’ve seen many people go base-over-apex down it so thought better of it. I was however cold after neglecting for once to put enough layers on, hungry and I really needed the toilet. So when I walked past a bit that seemed not so steep and not so muddy I thought, “to hell with it”. So over I went.

And on my arse I went.

One was not amused.

The clever-dumb balance was restored this evening however when I checked my email, and there was one form UCAS, (the University people for the merkins out there), so I ferreted out my application number which I will never know off by heart because it took me 13 years to learn my phone number, (only a slight exaggeration there).

I have had an offer from Chester, and not only an offer but an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER! That means folks that I have TWO university places regardless of anything. Clever little me, eh? When it comes to picking I’m most likely to choose Chester, because I like it better having briefly visited last summer. So I’m off for a celebratory hot chocolate now.

Love and Huggles, Claire

PS. Pity Chester is where Luke is. The friend my Nanna seems determined to set me up with. Methinks there will be repeated questioning of “isn’t that where that nice boy is?”

Honestly you’d think I didn’t have a boff.


PPS. I mean to blog(g) that on Wednesday but due to lack of computerness I didn't get chance. Better late than never.

No comments: