Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Need A Second Sunday, To Be With You. I’m Gonna Go Tell Monday This Is Something I Have To Do

Second Sunday, Jessica Andrews

I have had a fabtacular weekend!

Yesterday I set out for Manchester wearing my pretty jumper dress, despite the sky looking a little threatening and having to battle against the wind, which seemed determined to make me do a Marilyn Monroe. It tried all day, and as I had disobeyed the sacred “Shorter the skirt/dress, the bigger the underwear” rule I was rather hoping it wouldn’t blow up.* The rain we were expecting for Saturday arrived today, on and off we’ve had extreme wind, snow, sleet, and rain.

So shopping was lots of fun as usual. It started interestingly. Liz was late for the bus when it arrived, but rang me saying to get on it because she was at the next stop down. Now the bus I was catching can take one of 2 routes, one would take us past Liz. It chose the other route. So Liz was left to catch the next bus whilst I was left to wander round Manchester for half an hour before she arrived. I went to get Dom’s Valentines Day/Birthday/Anniversary present and also experienced Primark in a state if total desertion. Once Lizzy arrived we had lunch and wandered around enjoying ourselves.

The rest of my weekend has been spent emboffed. I caught the bus back to Dom’s rather than home, and we settled down for a weekend of largely watching The Simpson’s on his laptop. NEW EPISODES! From SERISE 16! The crapness of Channel Four and it’s “lets just repeat the old episodes and not play the new ones even though Fox sold us the rights not BBC2 because we promised to show the new ones and not just repeat old ones” attitude is so annoying. The Simpson’s just keeps getting funnier and funnier!
A random overnight stay happened, which was lovely, I’m rather partial to going to sleep and waking up all snuggled. It’s so lovely.
Love and Huggles, Claire

* No, it never actually did blow up, Thank God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How anyone can wear anything but leather trousers in Manchestoh, I really don't know

Jeans Pants said...

The Simpsons Rock!!! For the longest time they were my favorite show of all time. Now there my second favorite show. I would like to recommend to you the show "Arrested Development". It's my favorite show of all time. It was on for 3 seasons. It's kind of like a live action Simpsons. If you do give it a shot don't stop watching it until episode 3. By then you will have given it a long enough shit to figure out if you like it or not. This is how much I liked it. My friend Mike (Tenacious A) and I started website to save it

http://s-a-d.blogspot.com/

Wow I just wrote a blog on your comment =0) Sorry bout that

Jeans Pants said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I miss your posts. But then again I've had a really rough/busy week so in other words this is probably the best time to not blog. The best time for me anyways. Yeah I'm selfish =0)