Sunday, March 25, 2007

If We’re Trying, So We’re Breaking Free

Breaking Free, High School Musical (told you it would be my blogg title Katie)

I went ice skating today, for the first time in about 5 years. Katie invited me so she didn’t have to go alone and so I didn’t sit at home feeling lonely and full of missingness. I was rather terrified, (to the point of nearly throwing up). Last time I went I’d hurt my ankle a month or so earlier and it wasn’t properly healed so I got round the rink once then gave up because I was in agony.

Despite being more than a little afraid I forced myself onto the ice and grabbed Katie’s hand, (and didn’t let go). Somehow I managed to stay upright the whole time AND figured out to move forwards. At a fairly decent speed. It was fun, I want to go again and practise some more. Next time see if I can skate a little on my own maybe. I’m so glad I went and gave it another shot. It was worth the pain my ankles are giving me now. Thanks so much Katie for today!

AND guess what. My Geek, Josh, won Beauty and the Geek. He won! I am so proud of him, he totally deserved it. Josh rocks! As Jennifer said, there should be more guys like him.

Love and Huggles,
Claire

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You took some advice, tried a sport and enjoyed it. Well done! Keep on trying new things. At your age the world really is your oyster. Enjoy!

Jeans Pants said...

Yay for you!!! Today sounded like a good day

Paul said...

Glad you had a nice time Claire, well done you!

Anonymous said...

ooh ice skating is murder on the ankles, but it's great when you get your confidence. Keep at it;-)