Thursday, March 15, 2007

*insert title because I couldn't be bothered

No change. I got up, rang the Student Loan People for a balance, did some research for Art, had lunch before I went to play badminton with Jess and Liz. It was fun aside from some guy who works there standing at the door watching some people playing cricket and staring at us. Brilliant, not only do I get to feel uncoordinated but I get to feel self conscious.

I’ve been so ratty today. I’ve spent the whole day pushing it all into a little box just so I can pretend I’m ok. Unfortunately I’m exhausted so it hasn’t really been working. Mums had a go at me so which made me so upset I hurled my packet of crisps across the kitchen, which only managed to break them all without making me feel better. I am so sick of everything today. I’m even sick to death of Friends. I’ve been watching it daily because it never fails to make me smile. But now I’m on the *lovely* episodes where Ross and Rachel are together and Monica’s just stared with Richard. So I want to hurl the box out of the window.
And if one more person tells me to “give it time” I am seriously going to scream. I know everyone wants to be comforting and helpful but seriously, it makes me feel like shit. I draw no comfort from it. Give it time my ass. I would if my brain would shut the hell up and not torture me every second of every damn day with reminding me. When I was miserable in Bath I was able to count it down, and that made me feel better. I work best like that, with dates and schedules. Now all I have is a lovely empty expanse before me where I’m supposed to get to, claw my way through the day just to do it all over again. There is nothing there to look forward to or make me happy for more than five seconds before my brain says “hello, did you forget, YOU SUCK! YOU’RE ALONE!ENJOY HELL”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs* I hope you feel better soon Claire, and I'm sorry if I've been *too* comforting, if so please just say so I understand.

Ali.

Paul said...

What Ali said. In fact, exactly what Ali said :-(

Anonymous said...

no point in winding you up;-), but I would seriously consider the doctors if I were you
Chin up, Claire

Jeans Pants said...

A talking brain sucks. I called out of work the other day just because my brain wouldn't shut up the night before. How did I solve this problem? I drank. Bad advice. Don't do that. It makes things worse