Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Girl’s Gotta Do What A Girl’s Gotta Do, And Now I Gotta Get To Getting Over You

A Girl’s Gotta Do, Mindy Mccready

I actually learned stuff in Chemicals today, don’t ask me how, I just did. Amazing. So this meant I actually left the lesson in a happy mood.

Even better when I got home I had not one, not two, but three items of mail. The first was a present for Jess for her birthday, the second was my CD and the third was a letter from Lukey! He actually wrote me a letter! Bless him, he’s such a sweetie. I’ll be sending him more food parcels if he’s gonna write me lovely letters. *warm fuzzy feelings all round.

I had a lovely time cleaning. Jess was posted pretty nearby so we got to talk lots and have a good giggle. Although I wasn’t laughing when I discovered some lovely kid had been sick all over my classroom. Now the caretakers put this powder that dries it up on, which makes it less messy to clean up. If I wanted I could have put my foot down and said I wouldn’t clean it up, but being a nice responsible cleaner I said I would. Now the smell of the sick itself wasn’t smellable, but the powder was. By the time I’d swept it up I felt physically sick. A quick mop of the local area was all I could manage before I couldn’t stand it. *shudders. Thanks a bunch Lauren! *

Tomorrow is my interview/open day at Manchester Uni. To be honest I’d much rather go shopping, the course at Man Met is much better, if I went for a Manchester one, which I won’t because I don’t want to live I a city. (Which rules out most of them really, but a nice pretty city like Chester.) I’m also not looking forward to the day because I thought it would be my one year anniversary with Dom. Amazing how a life can flip upside down so quickly.

Love and Huggles, Claire

*I know it was a Lauren because someone had thoughtfully labelled it “Lauren’s sick” with a little diagram.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful;-)

Jeans Pants said...

I hope the interview went well. sorry bout the 1 year anniversary thing.