Saturday, March 03, 2007

Maybe I Cried, Just A Teardrop Or Two, I Would Not Die For You

Oh Romeo, Mindy Mccready

I have spent about 7 years looking for that song. All I had was a piece of paper with the singer and title stuck on my notice board for yonks. I hunted but couldn’t find it. It used to be played loads on Terry Wogan, (yep folks, I’m a Radio 2 girl all the way, far better than Radio 1), but he hasn’t played it for years. The last time I heard it was on Nick Barraclough’s Country Show. I scrawled it down, and the piece of paper has been in existence.

When I got the internet I spent along time looking for it, and concluded to my frustration I had written it down incorrectly. I had “Vindi Creed, Romeo” written down. I wouldn’t say its a million miles off.

I’d tried singing it to my mum but she didn’t remember it. So I was stuck waiting till it was played again.

Today I was looking for something, I spent ages tracking down where to download some songs by a band on my myspace, Out Of the Gray, who are brilliant but haven’t gotten to the CD stage it appears. Having been successful in finding three of their songs I hunted merrily for another singer I heard on last weeks Country Show, Sarah Braxton. She has a myspace but no actual website, (modern artists, what are they coming to?), and there’s no indication of an album release date. Although I did find one site saying its due out Feb 12th but I can’t find the site again.
Bye chance I remembered “Vindi” and had another Google shot. Her name naturally didn’t bring anything up, so I tried “Romeo”. Nothing still. Then I thought, “Hang on, there’s an “oh” before the Romeo in the chorus, lets try “Oh Romeo”, and whoa, wait a moment, you are KIDDING ME!

I found it, Oh Romeo by Mindy Mccready. Even better, I found the album on itunes, listened too it, fell in love then managed to get it for £3 on amazon.co.uk.

That was a long winded way of telling you I suppose, but OH MY GAWD I finally have it. I’ve been so hyper since, I’d made Oreo Brownie before I went internet hunting and baking always makes me happy. I cannot wait for the CD to get here!

Love and Huggles, Claire


PS, where has everyone been? It's been Ali and me in the chat allllll day. He must be sick of me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know I'm not :-P
I'm amazed you put up with *me* for (*does a quick calculation) about 6 hours of chat altogether :-)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Isnt it wonderful when you can do that?
I met a guy yesterday (friend of friend) who lent me a CD I had been wanting for years.
And yes, R2 is so much better than R1 . But I reckon you are a TYG not a TOG;-)