Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sit On The Bed Alone, Staring At The Phone

He Wasn’t, Avril Lavigne

I seem to recall saying something last week about the possibility of being at a party this weekend. Luke’s come home, plus 2 uni friends, for his dads birthday party tonight. His mum made a loose invite to Liz and me last time we were round, and as they operate under a “more the merrier” thing my presence wouldn’t really be a problem.

The prospect of seeing Luke, whether I went to his party or not, has kept me going the last couple of weeks. I’ve been looking forward to it lots.

Unfortunately the only contact I’ve had has been him replying to my text yesterday saying he was busy all day. And he didn’t even reply today. I pretty much know I’m not going to see him. Sure I could ring him and stomp my feet and be demanding but I don’t see why I should have to. Surely he should want to see me, and be able to make a couple of hours for me. He’ll have made time for Liz, that’s a dead cert.

Oh well, maybe I’ll just stay in bed tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lord Hutton said...

Know the feeling.I have had a day like that. Staying in bed is good.