Thursday, August 17, 2006

When I’m going South……

One Day At A Time, The Alice Bands, (some of you may remember this as the theme tune to Due South, one of the world’s coolest shows simply because it had a Husky and a Canadian Mounty in it).

I’m in. I made the grades, but when 2 C’s are asked of an A grade student something would have had to go seriously wrong for me NOT to get in. Swot? Workaholic? Moi?

Results are as follows;

Biology A
Textiles A
History B
Gen Studies B
(also an ICT A at AS and Critical Thinking AS at D grade (???))

My analysis;
Biology was a relief; I was way into the grade boundary before the exam, which helped as I only got a C on the synoptic paper. My second favourite subject without a doubt, I’m so pleased.
History, well I was hoping for an A, but resigned myself to a B a long time ago, especially after I kinda bombed last years American History paper, and this years course work just WOULDN’T go the way I wanted. I am may be a little disappointed, but I know I am lucky anyway.
Gen Studies is amazing. I think the marker must have been a Meat Loaf fan seen as I slipped in several lots of lyrics. “Life is a lemon and I want my money back”. Tee hee.
Textiles. Oh wow. I didn’t drop a single mark this year.300 marks. A total of 590 overall, my aim to drop fewer marks than last year was reached. I did not except full marks, one comment, KICK ASS!

Spent the day with my wonderful friends, darling Chrish, the Jesses, Lukey, Liz, Mel, Sophie, Zena, Shifa, Eddy and Phil. Good to see the last two, they’re never in the flammin’ country. Huh. As far as I can tell everyone is going where they want, or has somewhere to go or has plans for the next year. Brief three hour sort out with Zena-loo but us Textiles girlies got it sorted. Well Chrish did, is there anything that girl can’t do?


Boff day tomorrow and I’m going out in the evening to celebrate Katie-Jane’s 18th. Happy Birthday darling. Very excited, haven’t seen Dom since Sunday. Ooooo I do like these butterflies.

Love and Huggles, Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you worked very hard for those.
Well done indeed.
History: How do you get from the Ideals of the American Dream and Declaration of Independence to George Bush and the Military Industrial Complex?
On a postcard....