Sunday, February 03, 2008

Calender Girls is funny :) There's something about naked old W.I ladies thats pretty funny. The cast certainly helps, it's like Cranford, some of the best British actresses ever. Except Judi Dench, where's she got to in this film?

Anyway my weekend wasn't quite as busy as I'd planned, my hours at work got cancelled so I spent Saturday watching films adn trying to write lecture notes up. I made mum dig out Pillow Talk, (one of the BEST Doris Day films ever, and one of the first, and her first, screwball movie).

Once it got near six I tootled off to ASDA and picked my dear Richard up from work. Between 6pm Saturday and 5.30am Sunday there just isn't enough time. He's sent me home with a letter which I'm going to read in a mo, bless his cotton socks. I miss him already but we did have lots of fun, and next week we get THREE whole days together here :) His birthday is on the 13th, it's Valentines on the 14th and he argued the toss and got his normal days off on the 15th. YAY! I am excited already.
Richard is also going to sit down with his manger this week, and the deputy store manager an begin his transfer to the Lancaster ASDA. Apparently it can take up to three months, so it needs starting soon. At least they told us it took so long and didnt wait till one month before. I broke the news to mum as well so she can get used to the fact that regardless of what happens with his UCAS application, Richard IS moving to Lancaster come Spetember. It can't come soon enough!

It's hard to believe this is Week 4, and the last teaching week in my third module. It's flown by, but at least this week will be a little less hectic. I've got one more piece of coursework due in, which just needs me to figure out how to apply a line of best fit properly, and then I'm done. I have till after Easter holidays to do the 104 coursework but thanks to my friend Rachel I've got a copy of the coursework text which is no longer in print. It's a lovely book too, she orddered one and got sent two, but billed for one, so we're splitting the cost so we pay half each, (which is only fair if she's giving me a free copy).

Anyway I'm rather sleepy now so bedtime for me. Monday morning brings a 7.45am start. Nigth folks!

PS. apologies for any spelling mistakes, Blogger is being crap and not letting me spell check it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't notice any spelling mistakes, are you home this weekend? Fancy a brew/catch up?

Lord Hutton said...

Don't ask Katie to check your speling!

Anonymous said...

A couple of years ago, I spent a week in the valley in the Yorkshire Dales where most of Calendar Girls was filmed. It was fab.

Katie said...

Oi! my spelling isn't that bad! it's more typing errors than spelling mistakes! it's my grammar that's awful, and i find it characterising.