Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ouchie that hurt my bank balence

Right unless I get distracted once I've blogged I'm turning the laptop off and going to remake those notes I need to finish my coursework. As the chances of getting distracted are pretty big we'd better make this quick.

On the "big" note, my glasses bill was huge. Not £100, not £200 but just over THREE HINDERED POUNDS!
And my right eye isn't any worse and the left has only got worse by one point, (unfortunately it is a vital point because things aren't so clear these days).
So yes, £300+ for new glasses and that's with a 20% discount for having my contacts from them as well. The frames were about £140ish so what made up the rest was my lenses. If I weren't so blind and didn't need uber-thinned fancy lenses I'd have much cheaper glasses. Nuts.
However the glasses are really really nice. I very nearly ended up with some Velma from Scooby Doo style purple ones but settled for some more professional metal ones. I feel rather science nerd in them, perfect for all my PCR reactions I plan to run :)

Tonight I get to go see my sister in some drama thing her club are doing. She did have a line as a king and mum spent ages making her a cape only to find the scene has been cut and now my sister isn't speaking at all and is a fairy. Big changes. As long as she's happy.

Currently I'm resisting the urge to snack. It's a strong urge but I should do some work and fight it. I did say I was blogging then working, but we have been to Tesco and back during it. OOoooppps.
Ok I AM going to do this work. Again.

1 comment:

Lord Hutton said...

What? You dont get free specs as a stude? pffffftttt
I sympathise. But I get insurance, for which I pay more than I get but it fends off the big bills