Friday, December 26, 2008

Well well well, did we all have nice Christmases? Ours was looking a little shaky but once mum had bullied dad into letting Richard sleep on the living room floor all was well. It was a perfect family Christmas, made even better by Richards presence.
I was very lucky in terms of gifts, some very perfect and well chosen ones were given to me. Richard bought me the most elegant necklace ever, and my nanna a dressing gown that is so very warm, (essential for this freezing cold house!!!). Pride of place on my book shelf is iGentics 2nd edition, one of m course texts next term. Mum and Dad got it me, which means I can buy a course text for the other module AND a subscription to Nature* when my next loan installment comes in.
All in all a very lovely Christmas. My sister didn't moan because I was around and my dad didn't sulk because we had a Richard staying with us :) I hope yours were all as nice.

Thanks to National rail not runnng Boxing Day trains (desipte route planner saying there WERE trains last week), my parents gave us a lift home, which helped somewhat with the fact I'm was working at 1pm at River Island. Which had a MASSIVE sale on. It was so unbelievably busy.
And a little worrying given the current climate. Either way 4 hours insane work earned me £60ish. Give or take the tax mans cut. (I WILL get that back you B*******).

Right well I shall be off now to see where my brew has got to.
Hope everyone is well and happy
xoxo

*because New Scientists just isn't cutting it this year.....

No comments: