Thursday, January 17, 2008

Excuse me have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car?

As you may be able to tell I've been watching Torchwood using the BBC's new iplayer thing. Aside from stopping to load every few seconds at some points it's pretty good, certainly a bloody good idea.Thanks Mr. BBC :) It means I didn't miss the start of the new series, and how hot is James Masters looking? Very methinks*

The last week has been mental and exhausting. With exams on stupid inconvenient days I'm working much harder to try and learn and remember the material. I've done far more of my further reading than I normally do and being so busy means at least I'm not missing Richard. The modules themselves are pretty interesting still, all my extra work has been for one of them so far but I'm off to the library tomorrow to try and find a book for my coursework and another for a second piece. Due to my lecturer jetting off to the Antarctic we have a whopping 14 weeks to produce our practical write up. Nice but I'd rather it wasn't hanging around really. The book we need for it is no longer in print and amazon has one used copy priced at nearly £200! The book isn't even WORTH that much!
Our lecturer told us today the ecology center within the uni, (that is actually a national center but works in conjunction with us), takes on one student per year for work experience. It sounds really interesting so I'm planning on emailing the lecturer to show my interest. It would be perfect really, paid and within Lancaster Uni, so although I'd be on a gap year I wouldn't miss seeing friends of need to move again. I don't know if it's the right thing yet but it sounds good to me.

I'm off home tomorrow, can't wait to see Richard and with any luck a phone call tomorrow may turn up some hours on the deli department. My manager doesn't want me, which I think may be punishment for not working much over Christmas and asking last minuet again. Cross your fingers I can get some hours. The money isn't essential but would be great.
Neways if I'm to get up tomorrow I need to go to bed. That's if Adaware has finished running it's scan......well it has but it doesn't seem to want to delete the stuff it's found. Grrrr why are updated programs always so much more complicated????? HELP!

Love, Claire

*but not as hot as Richard....sorry it has to be said.

1 comment:

Lord Hutton said...

During Torchwood, I was just going to say "that is sooo gay!" when it actually was!