Monday, September 11, 2006

All grown up, I really wanna shout it, I’m all grown up with you!

All Grown Up theme tune, a spin off from the Ruggrats.

Right ho two days to blogg. Let us start with yesterday. Well in the morning I went to ASDA and did a big pre-uni shop of stuff I still need. Most of what I need now is being given me by family members so we’re pretty much there. And I now have a funky pair of speakers for my i-pod. Cracking!

Spoke to Christine, who ahs made it to uni in one piece but is all alone because there’s no one there yet. Oh dear hope you don’t get too lonely, and without me to laugh at, how will you cope?

Went to Dom’s in the afternoon, who was rather sleepy and grumpy after his two night on the trot out drinking. He did apologise for his tetchiness but perked right up when he gave me my second unicycling lesson. Although my legs were still killing me from the last one so we didn’t do it for very long. Instead I got a nice reassuring cuddle about going to uni. *note to self continue to bury head in the sand and pretend your not going; DO NOT think about it, that’s when it get scary.

So today was my adventure with Luke. We went to Chester to see his accommodation and just check out in general where he’s going to be living. Chester seems pretty cool, great shopping but oddly only one Starbucks. That is seriously weird; it breaks the “one on every street corner” rule. However there is a Subway on every street corner, (both the food place and actual under-road thingies), so perhaps that balances it out.

Neways I digress. We found hi house, the roughest looking one on his row, tee hee. Luke’s living in a dump! i jest, it’s not that bad, looks ok. I shall report back in more detail when he has had me round for tea. Then we went and wandered around the uni campus for a bit before going to find food.
Where did we go? Hmmm one on every corner…so much choice. Subway of course and in tribute to our “we’re growing up” joke stolen from Friends we had a Meatball Marinara sub, which was delicious, especially as it comes with cheese, which just makes anything.

After a bit we decided to go back to somewhere we knew better, the somewhere being Manchester. I managed to get some sketchbooks etc from Paperchase and Partners, so I’m working my way along the list of things I need. Slowly. One thing I will advise you, don’t get on Northern line trains, they are SO slow. Arriva is wonderfully quick, and much cushier.

‘Twas a good day with Blondie, we had a lot of fun and a nice little adventure. We are so all doing lunch in Chester sometime….lets just get on random trains one day and see where we end up, it can’t go wrong. My plan is flawless. (Well almost.)

Love and Huggles, Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew someone who is as organised as you about going to Uni.