Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Someone Ripped My Heart Out And Left Me Here To Bleed

Anything But Ordinary, Avril Lavigne. Errr I changed those just a tad, but that fits better.

So today involved Chemicals, a brew and Tesco shop and watching the last episodes of Cheer Series Five, which ends when Diane Chambers bums off to write some book and as far as I know doesn’t come back. Which means when I get Series Six I get to my favourite episodes with Kirsty Alley Rebecca who was far less annoying than Shelly Longs Diane.

I was very excited at work when I was told I would be doing Corridor 2. This being a patch in the Broadway building of the school, and one of the few, possibly the only one I have not done. I really wanted to do it, so I stood there squeaking with delight. My bosses took a sudden and odd dislike to my happiness and decided I was to do 2 hours of detail instead. I was rather devastated.
Now detail, for the non cleaners, involves a bucket of water and a cloth and wiping/spraying/cleaning stuff like walls and ledges around the school. I wear gloves for this because sticking my hands in a bucket of water for 2 hours is horrible. However my eczema has been very bad recently, and that is located on my hands. After about 10 minuets in the gloves, (which quickly become damp inside), my hands were starting to sting. This progressed to pain followed by agony by the end of the 2 hours. I found as many reasons to take my gloves off and waft my hands about as possible. Unfortunately as soon as they were out the gloves they began to itch. Which posed the next dilemma, how do I not scratch? Rubbing my hands on my jeans roughly seemed to be the best way.
So now I can’t bend my fingers, so I can’t hold a pen. Buggar.

I’m off to Lancaster for the night tomorrow, so I shall see you on Thursday.

2 comments:

Jeans Pants said...

Cheers season 5? I used to love that show. It takes place in my home town in Boston.

Lord Hutton said...

Poor Claire. That sounds horrible. Have a good time in Lancaster